Bambi & Birdy

Bambi & Birdy

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014

on being afraid of disappointments!

A random thought about disappointment and politeness:

Ein Post über die Angst vor Enttäuschungen und über Höflichkeit:

As far as you can tell from my posts,  I am a sensitive soul who tries to be strong but gets disappointed too easily. I see the good in people, even if I know that the good never comes without the bad... but still, I feel, when I open up and am a giving and loving human being, usually the people give these things back. But lately, and with every new person in my life, my feelings of being afraid of disappointments grow stronger. I give a lot and only my favorite people (good that I have a couple) give me the same amount of gratitude, love and happiness back. But even while having this in mind I am afraid of loosing.

Soweit die Internet-Welt es von meinen Posts her einschätzen kann, bin ich ein sensibler Mensch, der versucht stark zu sein und trotzdem oft genug enttäuscht wird. Ich sehe überall und in jedem das Gute, auch wenn mir sehr wohl bewusst ist, dass alles Gute eigentlich immer auch eine Kehrseite hat. Und trotzdem fühle ich, dass wenn ich offen durchs Leben gehen, gebe und liebe, normalerweise alles Gute zurückkommt. Mit jeder neuen Person, die in mein Leben tritt, wächst aber dennoch meine Angst vor Enttäuschungen... Ich möchte weiterhin viel geben und bin dankbar, dass man sich immerhin der Liebe von einzelnen, sehr engen Personen, sicher sein kann. Doch der Gedanke, dass die nächsten Enttäuschungen anrollen könnten, macht mir Angst.

What is the conclusion here? Is there one? Would I be better off by staying away from people I
don´t know? I definitely have no general answer, but I know deep in my heart that I won´t start to disappoint or disgrace others on purpose - so why do others? Or aren´t they doing it on purpose either?

Aber gibt es hier für eine generelle Lösungen? Wäre es besser, wenn man mit Menschen zusammen bleibt, die man seit vielen Jahren kennt? Eine generelle Lösung für alle Lebenslagen kenne ich nicht, dennoch ist mein Credo, niemanden jemals absichtlich zu verletzten oder zu schädigen - also warum würden andere es machen? Oder machen diese es vielleicht auch nicht absichtlich, sondern es ist der Schuld des Augenblicks und den Schwierigkeiten des Lebens zuzuschreiben?

Maybe my touched-by-yoga soul prohibits me to go to life like a rude giant. It might be my only demand in life, "I try to be nice", I truly believe that we can choose, that we have to choose and to try hard to be the best person we can be! Please choose wisely who you want to embody.

Vielleicht ist es mein Hippie-Yoga Dasein, welches mir nicht erlauben würde, ein unhöflicher Riese zu sein. Es scheint mein einziges wirklich großes Ziel im Leben zu sein, "jeden Tag zu versuchen, ein freundlicher und höflicher Menschen zu sein", auch wenn ich beides, Gutes und Böses, in mir trage, ist es mir ein großes Anliegen, mich jeden Tag aufs neue für das Gute in mir zu entscheiden. Wir sollten sehr weise wählen, wer wir sein wollen und wer nicht.

                                                                                                     -Bird-

- Sirius Black -

3 Kommentare:

Sarah Runyon hat gesagt…

I appreciate your honesty. I love the picture and your writing. xox Sarah

www.sarahrunyon.com

Anonym hat gesagt…

I read a quote once and it helped me get over this same thought process: People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind,
people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful,
you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough.
Give the best you've got anyway.

You see,
in the final analysis it is between you and God;
it was never between you and them anyway.

Unknown hat gesagt…

Thank you so much for your words and this wonderful
quote! It touched me deeply...

- Bird -