Bambi & Birdy

Bambi & Birdy

Mittwoch, 30. Oktober 2013

Bambi's room!

encouraging banner
Welcome to my humble new room... I know we've already lived here for a little while, but hadn't really managed to fully move in and decorate yet.
My room is the tinyest (around 90 sq ft)  I've ever lived in and might also be the nicest. It has a big window and -as I like to think- a big character and contains all the things I love, including this wall, painted gold,  + encouraging words. I don't wanna sound as sentimental (as I really am), but I truly, deeply believe in the power of words and those are the first words I see now each morning which is such a good way to start my days.

Willkommen in meinem bescheidenen neuen Zimmer...ich weiß, wir sind schon vor einer Weile umgezogen, aber sind erst jetzt richtig dazu gekommen uns einzurichten.
Mein Zimmer ist das winzigste (ca. 9 qm) in dem ich je gewohnt habe, aber es ist vielleicht auch das schönste. Es hat ein großes Fenster, und - wie ich gerne glauben möchte- einen großen Charakter und beherbergt so viele Dinge, die ich liebe, zum Beispiel diese gold gestrichene Wand+ ermutigender Worte. Ich möchte nicht so sentimental (wie ich nunmal bin) klingen, aber ich habe einen tiefen, aufrichtigen Glauben an die Macht von Worten und freue mich jeden Morgen mit diesen Worten in den Tag zu starten.

proud cat

I'm not exactly partiotic, neither when it comes to Germany nor Egypt, but this tiny little cat  that guards my books proudly (and which I bought in Cairo) makes me glad to have Arab blood running through my veins and also reminds me how wise the old Egyptians where in declaring cats holy.

Ich halte nicht viel von Patriotismus, weder für Deutschland noch für Ägypten, aber diese kleine Katze, die über meine Bücher wacht (und die ich durch hartnäckiges Handeln in Kairo erstanden habe) macht mich froh, arabisches Blut durch meine Adern fließen zu fühlen. Außerdem erinnert sie mich an die weisen alten Ägypter, die entschieden haben Katzen wie Götter zu verehren.


                  'Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.'


still life with orange elephant



the kind of fearless lady I aspire to be: Louise Bourgeois

still life with grey elephant ( I might have a theme here)


2 Kommentare:

m @ two handfuls of hat gesagt…

i love your room! so much color, life, and wisdom in such a small space. small rooms can be so cozy, and any room with a large window is instantly perfect. i, too, believe in the power of words and can't help but tape/tack/write them everywhere!
xo,
m.

Cindi hat gesagt…

I am loving the "be your best self" banner! It is one of my favorite quotes and it continues to be relevant all through life :)

/Cindi

http://cherriesandsunflowers.blogspot.com/