Bambi & Birdy

Bambi & Birdy

Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2014

agnostic church?

NOT KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE
As all the poor people who have to listen to me rambling on about God know, I think about Him/Her a lot and have not yet come to any satisfying solution... lately, I've been reading and watching a lot about people who are longing for the kind of spirituality and community a religion offers, without wanting to actually join a church. Some of these people are members of non-religious congregations which might sound like an oxymoron but seems to work for them. What to you think? Can an 'atheist church' really be a good alternative to traditional religion?

Wie die armen Leute, die mir täglich zuhören müssen, wissen, denke ich sehr viel über Gott nach und habe bis hierhin noch keinen zufriedenstellenden Weg zu Ihm/Ihr gefunden. In den letzten Wochen habe ich viel über Menschen gelesen, die sich nach Spiritualität und der Art Gemeinschaft, die Kirche bieten kann, sehnen, ohne einer Religion beitreten zu wollen. Einige von ihnen haben sich zu nicht-religiösen Gemeinschaften zusammengeschlossen. Eine agnostische Kirche klingt vielleicht paradox, aber scheint für viele Menschen eine gute Alternative zu sein. Was denkt ihr? Glaubt ihr, dass solche nichtreligiösen Gemeinden ein Gegenmodell zu alteingesessenen Kirchen sein können?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/01/sunday-assembly-atheist_n_5915830.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000051

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/sep/29/atheist-church-america-cleveland-sunday-assembly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feJ8GZIjwCo

3 Kommentare:

Carmen Varner hat gesagt…

I'm not religious but I can understand why someone like me may want a non-religious congregation as such. It's nice to be with like-minded people & just swap thoughts & ideas. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

Unknown hat gesagt…

Hi there! I think it is 100% natural to crave community. I also believe that God is a mystery. He can feel very hard to "get to know". I know that I can talk to Him - like a friend. I know that He listens and when I am very still and quiet, He speaks to me with gentleness and love.

Anonym hat gesagt…

You might try looking into Sunday Assembly. sundayassembly.com